Now it is possible (¡!)
Yes, modelling arbitrary network dynamics to verify any IP based solution, is now possible.
Net.Storm is able to simulate any network condition to check how tolerant your services, protocols and devices are when quality / capacity degradations occur. It replicates accurately combined effects such as packet delay, errors, loss, bandwidth variations, traffic shaping and traffic policing.
TELCO: 'what may occur when then IEEE 1588v2 packet synchro is affected by random jitter?'
- ELECTRIC POWER: 'please delay from 1ms to 150ms this telecontrol signal and observe results'
- PROTOCOL: 'are you sure that the protocol data session will be up with a 50Mbit/s link?'
IPTV QoS: 'can you verify the video-conference system if the MPLS link goes down to 25Mbit/s?'
SLA: 'let's go to simulate these SLA conditions before the customer begins to complain'
VoIP: 'please emulate immediately a 14.5 Mbit/s link with 10e-3 bit error rate to check how our corporate VoIP works'
Features and Benefits
- Exact replication of any traffic condition (delay,
jitter, loss, error, duplication, ...)
- Multiple traffic patterns (uniform, exponential,
burst, random, two-state random, ...)
- Strict bandwidth control in fr/s or bit/s
- Filters based on MAC, IP, TCP, UDP, Payload...
Wirespeed performance at full duplex rate
Accuracy better than < 1μs at FDX Gbit/s
- Roll out of IEEE 1588v2 - Packet Time Protocol
- Check critical data applications
- Tolerance of services to QoS degradation
- Assured service and SLA verification
- Identification of degraded sources
- Testing IPTV / VoIP / Multiplay developments
- Stability networking resources
- Deployment of circuit emulation services (CES) over packet-switched networks
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .
We are proud to present the latest version of Net.Storm, a WAN emulator that provides most of the features only found in costly rack versions. It provides the latest hardware, FPGA based and is a battery operated handheld device. Net.Storm is the worlds' first field device and, to our knowledge, has no direct comparisons at this time. Please contact us to discuss pricing and to arrange a demonstration.